This recipe is easy and delicious! If you are just going gluten free these are a must try.
Here are a few variations you could do:
Replace dates with cranberries and add a 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes. Add in a 1/2 cup of fresh berries, they taste amazing against the chocolate. Put in a couple tbs of pureed pumpkin or sweet potato. Blend in the carrots instead of folding them in at the end. Get creative…The goodness is endless! Enjoy!
This recipe will give you from 12 to 15 muffins.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2.5 tbs cinnamon
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1.5 cups shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup almonds or walnuts finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine almond flour, soda, salt and cinnamon
- In a blender combine dates, bananas, eggs, vinegar, and oil
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and blend until completely combined
- fold in carrots and nuts
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Take them out and slather with butter.