My son loves jello. We have recently had a virus go through our house providing the perfect opportunity to make home made jello. This jello is made with two ingredients: fruit juice and grass fed beef gelatin. Gelatin is soothing for sore throats, help when healing for the gut, and has protein. This takes about 5 minutes to make and a couple of hours in the fridge to set.
My favorite gelatin to use is this gelatin from Aspen Naturals:
- 4tbsp gelatin
- 4 cups organic juice
- Pour 1 cup cold juice in bowl
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold juice, mix together and let sit to bloom
- Heat remaining 3 cups of juice until it begins to boil
- Pour hot juice into bowl with gelatin and stir until gelatin dissolves
- Pour mixture into one container or several small ones and put into the fridge to set
- Eat and enjoy
You can also make this with half the amount of juice and use water for the remaining amount of liquid. You can also add fresh fruit to this jello as well as cream.